Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine flu!

Posted by Mahlon:

~~~
When we got back from Mexico there was a new disease called swine flu that started in Mexico. And when we came back it was spring break so after that I got really sick after the first week of school and then missed the next week. I was a little afraid that I would miss the next couple days of school but I luckily recovered over the weekend but still had a minor cough. When I got to school on Monday my teacher told me to put my stuff down and go to the nurse because the nurse wanted to check on me. So when I went to the nurse she said that I had to miss school for the next couple of days so I could be checked for swine flu. I really don't think that I have it because I don't fll sick at all now, but we will find out soon.
~~~
UPDATE 4/30/09: Mahlon doesn't have H1N1 Swine Flu, three tests have put him in the clear.   He's back at school after four days off.
~~

1 comment:

  1. Hello Reihman Family,
    I am applying for the Boren Fellowship to conduct a study in Tapachula. If I received the Fellowship, it would involve learning Spanish language public health or medical terminology. I understand Kristin is working in a medical clinic for migrants. Perhaps she could suggest an institution, school, or individual that would be able to teach me such terminology. The Fellowship would cover the cost of instruction.
    Thank You,
    Danny Lambert
    danny.lambert@du.edu
    M.A. Candidate in International Development
    The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver

    ReplyDelete